- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 spring onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plus more for topping of Reggiano Parmigiano, grated
- 1/2 cup plus more for topping of Pecorino Toscano, grated
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 stick butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saute pan add the olive oil over medium high heat.
Add the spring onion and chopped asparagus, reserving the spear tops.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook until tender, approximately 10 minutes
- Set this mixture aside to cool.
- In a bowl whisk together the ricotta, nutmeg and 1/2 cup of each cheese
- Add the cooled asparagus mixture and gently mix.
This mixture is a wonderful spring filling for ravioli. Find your favorite fresh pasta recipe and a ravioli mold and make ravioli.
- The ravioli will cook in salted gently boiling water for approximately 4 – 6 minutes depending on the thickness of the pasta. Drain the ravioli and reserve about 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water.
- While the ravioli are cooking melt the butter in a saucepan just until melted, do not brown. Add the reserved asparagus tips and cook until just tender.
- Add the cooked ravioli and the 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water to the saucepan with the asparagus tips. Toss the ravioli. Place in warm bowls. Top with the reserved cheeses and few grinds of black pepper.
- This recipe makes about 36 small ravioli or 24 free form ravioli.
- The size will depend on size of ravioli. This recipe will serve 6 people.