- 2 packed cups of pea shoots
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup of spring onion or scallion chopped
- 1/4 cup of lightly toasted piñon nuts (preferably Italian)
- 1/4 tsp. of black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of grated reggiano parmesan
- Place all of the above ingredients in a food processor and slowly add extra virgin olive oil until you have the right consistency (should make about a 1/3 to 1/2 cup of finished pesto).
- Can be made a couple of hours ahead of time, covered with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature.
- The pesto is the perfect complement to a piece of fresh halibut because it is a little less pungent than a classic basil and garlic version.