BELGIAN CHOCOLATE MOUSSE RECIPE
Yield: 16-18 (4oz) servings
14 oz bittersweet chocolate
4 oz milk chocolate
½ cup warm coffee
¼ cup liquor (Grand Marnier, kahlua, crème de cacao)
4 egg yolks
8 egg whites
2 ¼ cups cream
- Melt chocolate in a small metal bowl over a pot of boiling water (double boiler).
- In a large metal bowl, add coffee and liquor.
- Add melted chocolate. Whisk.
- Add egg yolks. Whisk till combined.
- In a mixer with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites until you see stiff peaks. Add to chocolate mixture.
- Beat heavy cream to medium stiff peaks. Add to chocolate mixture.
- Pour into glasses. Cover with wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and strawberries.